MegaMats are made in a variety of sizes: as small
as 5”x7” to as large as 60”x120”. All sizes of
MegaMats are available in our Pinnable Cutting
Pinnable Cutting Mats
This top of the line cutting mat is made of special
dense flexible plastic. The slip resistant translucent
material is resilient, durable, resists warping, and can
withstand the repetitive use of a rotary cutter and/or
art knife. (Mat knives are not recommended.) Roll
for travel or temporary storage, but for longer life, flat
storage is best. The mats are marked with a 1” Grid, 1/4” hash marks, 45° angles, as well as inch ruler on all sides. Use with cloth, leather, film, vinyl, and paper. Use pins or tacks to lightly tack material to mat.
With proper care our pinnable mats will last a long time. Contrary to popular belief there are no self-healing mats. Mats simply are not capable of healing themselves because they are manufactured from non-living materials. Some mats will appear to heal because the material does not separate when it is cut or a dense core holds the cutting surface together. Our mats appear to heal because the material does not separate when a small cut is made in the surface. Because our mats are made of one polymer they are less prone to warping and they can be rolled to transport or ship.
Following the simple instructions below will maximize the service of your pinnable MegaMat:
- Always use a sharp blade. When you press too hard with a dull blade you damage your mat.
- Never push harder with a sharp rotary cutter than is necessary to cut the fabric.
- Cutting repeatedly on the same line will erode the mat on that line and cause it to bubble or warp. Move around with your cuts.
- Keep your mat clean. Wash it occasionally with warm soapy water.
- The lines are silk screened with ink cured under UV light. If your lines flake off due to the tiny cuts, you can put them back with a sharpie pen and a ruler.
- While your MegaMat may have come to you rolled, it is best to store it flat.
- Do not expose your mat to direct sunlight for long periods or excessive heat sources.
Sizes to Fit Most Work Areas:
The larger sizes create a seamless surface that covers your total work area at an attractive price. There are a wide variety of sizes for various work services and/or for travel. The MegaMat Pros are the Godzilla of mats. This seamless surface covers a whopping 60” x 120” (5’x10’) and is available with or without a grid. The 48” x 96” (4’x8’) mat is available in an Extra Thick version, which is thicker and able to withstand a high level of use with art knives.